Friday, May 9, 2008

Salsa in Canada!!

I went to the library in Santa Monica the other day, and I was going through their DVD's and I came accross this one called "Latin Beats." So, I decided to pick it up and check it out. When I started watching it, I was really suprised. It was a documentary shot in Canada, I had no idea Canadians love this type of music, as the documentary went along I realized that many South Americans (Columbians, Chileans, Bolivians) migrated to Canada in the 70's. And that's when it all began, the Latinos brought the spice to the Canadians. Ramiro Huerta was one of the first people that began the Latin music movement 1988. My idea of Latin music in other countries other than Latin America was wrong, I see now that it has reached different heights through out the years.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Lh9KTOuG4Q

No comments: